Friday, July 23, 2010

Creation NE Festival 2010 - Wednesday

Wednesday (6/30) was the first official day of Creation NE Festival 2010. It was also the day with the strongest line-up in my opinion. Downhere, David Crowder* Band, & Switchfoot- does it get any better than that?


Downhere

Thoughts: I loved that Downhere kicked off Creation with "We Will Rock You." Marc Martel could be a dead ringer for Freddie Mercury. Bassist Glenn Lavender added some flavor to their rock set with a trumpet. I would have liked to have heard "Cathedral Made Of People" from Ending Is Beginning, but that's my only complaint. This Canadian act is phenomenal, if you have the chance to see them in concert, don't miss it!

Set List:
We Will Rock You, The More, My Last Amen, Hope Rising, How Many Kings, The Song You Sing, Here I Am, Bleed For This Love.

For more info:
http://www.myspace.com/downhere



David Crowder* Band

Thoughts: Hoedowns and a green keytar are just a couple of things that make David Crowder* Band's set unique. It's also fun to see how many people in the audience attempt to dress up like Crowder; at least one person in Crowder attire made it on the big screens at Creation during the band's performance. By the end of their set, Crowder had everyone dancing to "Sing Like The Saved."

Set List:
Lift Your Voice, No One Like You, Foreverandever etc., Here Is Our King, How He Loves, You Are My Joy, I Saw The Light, Oh Happiness, O Praise Him, Sing Like The Saved/Make A Joyful Noise

For more info:
http://www.myspace.com/davidcrowderband



Switchfoot

Thoughts:
One of the highlights of Switchfoot's set was a medley of "Your Love Is A Song" and one of Jon Foreman's solo songs "You Love Is Strong." I'm surprised that they continue to end their set with "Dare You To Move." I've seen Switchfoot four times and they've closed with that song at every performance. I think it's time to mix it up!

Set List:
Needle In A Haystack, Mess Of Me, Stars, Oh! Gravity, Gone, Your Love Is A Song/Your Love Is Strong, Yet, Hello Hurricane, This Is Your Life, The Sound, Free, On Fire, Awakening, Meant To Live, Only Hope, Dare You To Move

For more info:
http://www.myspace.com/switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
School: Arcadia University '11 Major: Accounting